...An Advice

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

...An Advice

I am creating an Italian Course of Excel VBA. This Corse will be very long ...more than 40 Hours.

I intended to publish the first 6 chapters and once a week enter an additional chapter.

According to you it is something that can be done or it could be a problem ...thanks for Help 😉

2 Replies
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I personally wouldn't do it unless what you upload as the course (first 6 chapters) makes the complete course and everything you upload beyond that is bonus content. People usually want a complete course when they take it, one that delivers entirely on the objectives laid out upfront, if it doesn't do this because the content hasn't been added yet then you are likely to get low ratings. There is no hurry, it is better to make sure you have a complete course before going live, not a partial course. If each part works as a self contained course you could create multiple courses and state with each course what skills and knowledge the student needs before taking that course, understanding it can't be that they need to have taken your specific prior course, but they should have certain knowledge and skills from wherever they learned it. 

All the best 

Dan 

Thanks Dan ... it's probably the right thing to do.

@Hypnodan wrote:

I personally wouldn't do it unless what you upload as the course (first 6 chapters) makes the complete course and everything you upload beyond that is bonus content. People usually want a complete course when they take it, one that delivers entirely on the objectives laid out upfront, if it doesn't do this because the content hasn't been added yet then you are likely to get low ratings. There is no hurry, it is better to make sure you have a complete course before going live, not a partial course. If each part works as a self contained course you could create multiple courses and state with each course what skills and knowledge the student needs before taking that course, understanding it can't be that they need to have taken your specific prior course, but they should have certain knowledge and skills from wherever they learned it. 

All the best 

Dan 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors