Are there (paid) course creation mentors?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are there (paid) course creation mentors?

I believe that it's right for me to get professional help from a mentor who specializes in online courses. Having external feedback and deadlines is always beneficial. Are there such services?

2 Replies
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Not sure if any would reply who is one as this might not be allowed (their reply, not your post) but I will say I have seen and spoke with quite a few online instructor coaches/guru types and in my small sample size and with 6 years on Udemy most are Smiley Indifferent not much "meat" regarding actual useful or personalized info, lots of buzz words, hype and promise, very expensive and I found zero helpful content from the (free) poking around I did, e-mail sign-ups and free one-on-one consults.  They were all hype and no substance, that being said they were all sponsored social media posts no one I "knew" here.

There is so much valuable and Udemy-specific information here that I have received more help here and via people, I have met on this forum than anyone charging a few grand on some BS hype.  Just my 2 cents- save your money and read and ask questions here! Udemy also has some great public articles!

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP

I agree -- there's a TON of really useful information on this forum, and if you have a specific question that isn't already answered, then ask it! 

Also, making Udemy courses is a learning process. Accept that your first 1-2 courses won't be stellar, and each subsequent course will be better. You can always go back and improve your older courses.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors