Automatically create subtitles

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically create subtitles

Go to solution

Hello Udemy family.

I would like to have automatic captions added to my course in multiple languages. As in the example I gave below; (link removed)

I want my course to be multilingual like this. But I don't know how to do this.
Can you please help me?

MSK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @mustafask,

Thank you for asking! Udemy provides auto-generated subtitles in English, Spanish and Portuguese for video lectures instructed in these respective languages. To learn more about this, please take a look at our Auto-Generated Subtitles F.A.Q doc. 

However, to add captions in other languages, instructors need to create them on their end. An easy way to do this is by downloading the file with the English subtitles directly from Udemy, having them translated, then uploading them back to the course. Here's a step-by-step on how to do this. 

Sorry that we're unable to offer all languages at this time, but please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @mustafask,

Thank you for asking! Udemy provides auto-generated subtitles in English, Spanish and Portuguese for video lectures instructed in these respective languages. To learn more about this, please take a look at our Auto-Generated Subtitles F.A.Q doc. 

However, to add captions in other languages, instructors need to create them on their end. An easy way to do this is by downloading the file with the English subtitles directly from Udemy, having them translated, then uploading them back to the course. Here's a step-by-step on how to do this. 

Sorry that we're unable to offer all languages at this time, but please let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with! 🙂

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Thank you so much dear @Bella👍

MSK

Go to solution

Dear @Bella  You sent
I checked the link. OK. However, 10 automatic captions were added to a course I gave below. This is exactly what I want. How can it do this?

bella.JPG

MSK
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @mustafask, apologies for the delay here, I missed your post! 

At this time as a test, only select courses are having their English captions translated to other languages. So this would be the case for the other caption language options you are seeing for the course in question. We currently don't have the option to ask that additional translations be made available, but we can consider this a feature request that will be shared with our product team for their future consideration.

As a possible workaround, you could download the English version of the captions for the course (this can be done in bulk) and share them with the student so that they could translate them using google translate, or do this on your end and work to upload those translations into the course as Portuguese captions.  A step-by-step of how this can be done is available in this article.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions! 

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

Go to solution

Hello Bella.

Thank you so much.

It was a very useful post.

MSK
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors