Best/Correct Price

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best/Correct Price

Go to solution

Hi guys!
I'm new here and i'm creating a course. But before launching it i was thinking about the price. And the problem is that Udemy makes a lot of discounts like 80% of the time 😅
But i don't know how actually works. For example if i put 49,90€ as standard price for my course, then eveytime that there are the discounts on the website i have to put it at 12,99€?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yes. If you opt-in, your course will always be sold at discounted price that Udemy wants to sell it at.

But if you don't opt-in, your course will be sold at the price you set - irrespective of whether there is any deal running at different times of the year or not.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @ASVideo 

If you've opted-in to the 'Udemy Deals' program, no matter what price you put for your course, it will be sold to students across the globe on the discounted price. Learners looking for courses at Udemy, almost always wait for such sale events before they purchase courses. Udemy is a volume business: the more we sell, the more we earn. So, put whatever price you think your course is worth!

Go to solution

Thank you. So if i opt-in in the "Udemy Deals" it will be always at the discounted price or just (so 80% of the time) when the discounts are available on the website?

So with no discount on the website my course will be at the price that i've decided. But when there are the discounts across the website my course will be discounted as the other right?

AnupShukla
Community Champion

Go to solution

Yes. If you opt-in, your course will always be sold at discounted price that Udemy wants to sell it at.

But if you don't opt-in, your course will be sold at the price you set - irrespective of whether there is any deal running at different times of the year or not.

Hope this helps!

Go to solution

Ok thank you!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors