Best strategy for newcomer with loads of online teaching experience

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best strategy for newcomer with loads of online teaching experience

Hi there

I am a newcomer to Udemy but not to the online teaching space. 

I have created 14 online programs (that typically have courses from 3 hours to 10 hours long)  that I currently promote and have a email database of 30,000 with almost 100,000 facebook followers and lots of fb groups to promote too. 

I just need to make some tweaks to the the videos to make them more bite sized, but the set up is all there. it’s just re-recording the slides and alternating between slides and facial talking.  The video creation is not my question. 

My question is, how would you strategise the roll out of all this information I have.  

It’s in the parenting section (under personal development) and I have content that focuses on parents and their stress (and how to alleviate it) and how to manage child behaviour.  There are endless topics and a huge amount of content I can create. 

what would your strategy be for rolling this out?   short courses first?  Long course?  A bit of both? Any tips on marketing it? 

I would love any feedback from experienced instructions.  TIA. Jackie

1 Reply
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @JackieHall164 

The important thing is that each course feels complete. Generally longer courses do well, but this isn't exclusively the case and parents may well feel that they don't have time for a longer course and so would prefer shorter courses. If I had that number of subscribers etc I would probably ask them a poll of what they would like me to teach first and offer a selection of different course options and use that to inform your decision.

I would then market that course (and subsequent courses) to your current audience to kick-start Udemy organic sales by demonstrating that the courses are popular.

My courses are all a mix of both long and short courses, but the length is never the consideration I've used, it has been about creating what I feel is a complete course, so if it take 10 hours to adequately cover a topic then that is how long the course will be, if it takes 2 hours, then it will be a two hour course. 

All the best

Dan

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors