Best time of year to release new course for optimum traction?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best time of year to release new course for optimum traction?

Hi there!

I'm nearly done with my course creation (yay) and very happy with it. It took a lot of time and energy but that has paid off as it's thorough and I think it looks polished and professional.

My question is this: I likely won't get it up in time for the Black Friday sale (though if I can, I will).

Besides that time, when is the best time to release it? The holidays are coming soon and I'm thinking a business 'how to' course might not be the best course to release that time of year, but there's a big part of me that doesn't want to wait to release my course after working on it for many months.

Would love your feedback!

Thanks!

~Kristin

2 Replies

Good question. Im going through the submission stage for my first course. 

My opinion is to get your course up as soon as feasibly possible. Its amendable once published so you can continue polishing it up if you like. 

Only reason to go ahead as soon as possible is to get feedback on the course. You'll probably drive yourself crazy if you keep polishing it up.

Try catch the Black Friday deal. Otherwise, im sure there are tons more to come.

Hope this helps.

Definitely before Black Friday. The earlier you can get it out the better, because then you have a chance of getting a few ratings before the sale. But if that's not possible, just try to get it out before BF and Cyber Monday. If that doesn't work out for you, it's not the end of the world since January is also a good month on Udemy. But moving forward, I'd say try to get a new course out a month before BF or so. Best of luck! 🙂 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!