Can I assign a unique ID to every registered student

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I assign a unique ID to every registered student

I would like to give my students a free kit. The kit would be available through my site. I need a way to check on my site whether the student has enrolled and paid for my course on udemy.

Is it possible to assign every enrolled student an ID so I can use that ID to verify the student on my site and send him the kit?

7 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @milind0x Currently, assigning an ID to the students is not possible, you only have the student list available here. Regarding the free kit, you will need to send an email to our Trust & Safety team at instructorsupport@udemy.com.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

The kit would be needed for the course.  I would want to give it to the students who register automatically. The only other way I see is they purchase it separately rather than paying for the course and kit at one place. It would have been nice if they can just purchase the course at 1 place rather than purchasing parts of it.

Getting the student list seems like a weak solution since that purposely does not have any identifying information. An ID generation system would basically be able to correlate registration here and still not require any personal information. Since nothing like that is available, I will have to figure out another clean way of doing it.

Thor
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Also be careful with requiring them to sign up for anything (email or whatever) to get the resources (unless it is ONLY in the bonus lecture).

Thor Pedersen - IT , Project Management, and Cyber Security trainer

If you want to give your students a free kit on your website, you can't ask for any personal information (name, email, etc.) to track them. It just has to be freely downloadable without any sort of user registration.

I would take my words back. It is not actually free.  The kit would be needed for the course.  I would want to give it to the students who register automatically. The only other way I see is they purchase it separately rather than paying for the course and kit at one place. It would have been nice if they can just purchase the course at 1 place rather than purchasing parts of it.

You should ask the Udemy Trust and Safety team (policy@udemy.com) because I don't think you can require students to purchase something outside of Udemy from you to be able to complete your course, where they're required to register with you for it.
Udemy's stance might be that you should include it in the course, as a part of it.

Yes I think I will contact them. Actually what was my intention to be a part of the course and they should not purchase anything from me. But how do I send a hardware kit to anyone or even a membership of a software package usage to any student who registers here if I have no way of knowing who registered here? So I need to find a good solution for this.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors