Can I create a course without a video?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I create a course without a video?

Hi all. I have a simple question, can I create my own course on this platform without video? Just text, practical assignments and that's it.

I used to take such courses and it was very convenient. You can go back and find and reread information you missed faster.

The second question, is it possible to make that without the right answer to the practical assignment can not take the course further?

I would be grateful for an answer, all have a good day

3 Replies
Ramesh Fadatare
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Udemy has minimum and recommended standards for courses on the platform.

Udemy Trust and Safety Policy Guidelines:

- At least 30 minutes of video content

- At least 5 separate lectures

- Valuable educational content 

- HD video quality (720p or 1080p)*

- Audio that comes out of both channels and is synced to video Audio quality that is not distracting to students*

Check out the complete standard checklist:

Udemy Course Quality Checklist

You need to have at least 30 minutes of video content.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @YefimovNik Currently, one of the requirements is to have at least 30 minutes of video lectures divided into 5 videos. So it is mandatory to have a video in the courses, as well we believe students feel a connection with the instructor when they see you involved in the course. 

Regarding the assignments, they are meant to have a solution for students at the end of the assignments, you can learn more about assignments here.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

According to their policy, Udemy requires at least 30 minutes of content and no more than 120 minutes for free content. However, not all of us have the ability to equipment to record videos. Therefore, we might have to either upload videos from Khan Academy or any other educational site that gives us the permission to do so and I am actually one of the ones who doesn't have the ability or equipment to record. On the other hand, those who do have the ability and equipment can record as much as they need to in order to account for the content that is a half hour or more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors