Can I have two almost identical courses, but in other languages?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have two almost identical courses, but in other languages?

Go to solution

As above. I think I am not enough good to record courses in English yet. But I am planning to do this in the future. When you start with the course in your native language...the barrier of the 2nd language is removed and you'll speak fluently and in a more interactive way. So my question is: Can I have two courses with almost the same slides, materials and so on but the first one in my native Polish language and later the second one in English?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Massimiliano since this is a very specific question I suggest you reach out to policy@udemy.com too see what's allowed and what isn't in the platform, The Trust & Safety team will be happy to provide clear information about this.

View solution in original post

11 Replies

Go to solution

Hi @Kacper998 ,

Welcome to the community. Yes, you can! As long as one video is spoken in Polish and the other one is in English. Kindly keep in mind that you cannot have duplicate courses (both in Polish but one with English subtitles). 

Go to solution

Thank you for reply @MariaG !

Go to solution

Maria, so to be clear, the courses can be identical (visually and in length), but the audio must be different (respected languages)? 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @KrisKay Yes, you can create a course with similar content or identical, but the content needs to be in a different language. 

Eliana 

Udemy Community Team

Go to solution

Hello Maria!

I have created a very large course which unifies two topics: Tarot reading and dream interpretation. Some people would be interested only to buy the lessons about Tarot reading.

Could it be possible to create a new course duplicating only the lessons about Tarot reading, with some very minor editing (i.e. deleting the references to dream interpretation) and with a new introductory lesson?

Thanks! 

Massimiliano 

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @Massimiliano since this is a very specific question I suggest you reach out to policy@udemy.com too see what's allowed and what isn't in the platform, The Trust & Safety team will be happy to provide clear information about this.

Go to solution

Thanks a lot Eliana, I will do as you suggest.

Have a Good day!

Max

Go to solution

Sorry to ask you here but I found this thread useful for my question. I also have a course on Udemy. My question is that can I dub the same course in a different language (I will remove the original English audio with Hindi audio but it will be my own voice)  and then launch it again. If it's not possible than there is no explanation required but if it's possible and Udemy allows it, then what are the all things I need to keep in mind. Kindly help. 

Go to solution

Hi @ViveVer261 , the team at policy@udemy.com can gladly answer this question for you since you mention dubbing a course that was originally in English.

Go to solution

@Kacper998 Yes you can. The content can be the same, but the language you instruct in the two courses should be different. I recently published two courses, one in English and another in Tamil. The content of both the course is exactly the same but I recorded all videos twice. Now both the course are live and getting subscriptions. 

GuilhermeMP
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Well, I agree with you and I did EXACTLY that. I recorded two courses in Portuguese and then two similar courses in English with slightly different content and a different course image

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors