Can I offer monthly sub on Teachables while still selling here?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I offer monthly sub on Teachables while still selling here?

Is it against terms of service if I want to sell all my courses grouped up into a monthly subscription on Teachables while still selling the individual courses separately on Udemy?

Say I have 10 two hour courses on Udemy for $25 each. Am I then allowed to sell them grouped as a package for $20/month or $200/year on Teachable while still selling the courses here on Udmey?

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @OnlineProfessor, thank you for reaching out. If your courses are only in the general Udemy marketplace, you can offer your courses on other platforms, as long as they are not listed at a lower price than it is on Udemy. You may need to reach out to the other platforms to make sure you're following any guidelines they have in place too. 

However, please note that if your course is part of the Udemy Business content collection, there are additional distribution restrictions in accordance with our Promotions Policy (under 3.2 Exclusivity). 

If you have any further questions or concerns about this, please reach out to our Instructor Support team. 

I hope this helps!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community 

I want to add my 2 cents here.

Teachable is not a platform, like Udemy, LinkedIn Learning or Skillshare.

It's a Learning Management Solution that you can integrate into your website.

@Bella correct me if I'm wrong, but even when your courses are in UB, you can offer them on your website.

So in that case, you can host your courses using any LMS, such as Teachable, Thinktific etc.

As long as you are not undermining those courses on Udemy as @Bella mentioned.

@OnlineProfessor  yes, you most definitely can; I have two Teachable schools with monthly subscription plans. As @MichaelPog stated, Teachable Thinkific, Kajabi, etc. are LMSs that you pay a fee to use to host courses as your own training site. Many instructors here have their own online schools, in addition to selling courses on Udemy; it's a very common practice. 

@MichaelPogis correct; hosting your own courses doesn't break the UB exclusivity agreement, as the agreement states, "Once your content is included in a collection, you agree that you will not begin to offer any on-demand content, such as pre-recorded courses, that directly compete with or injure the sales of that content on any site or platform other than your own."

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors