Can you talk about the advantages of your course compared to others?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you talk about the advantages of your course compared to others?

Go to solution

Can I talk about the benefits of my course and why a student should take my course or is it forbidden?

If we say, "Why should you take my course and not any other? Well, first of all, I have many years of experience, etc.

Сan I say something like that?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

I have reviewed what the most successful instructors do. ALL seem to promote the benefits for the student, that is, how the students will be able to do new things. Focus on "what's in it for me" for the students, then document why you are the ideal person and your course the ideal course to learn from. And Mr. Miller is right, negative comparisons will backfire. Student wants and needs should guide your promotional material.

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success

View solution in original post

Go to solution
4 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

You can certainly tell potential students why they should take your course, why you are qualified to teach that subject. I would NOT compare your course to others by putting them down. Don't say "my course is better than John Doe's because he doesn't have the qualifications that I have.  That kind of negative comparison will not make you look better. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Go to solution

Thank you.

Go to solution

I have reviewed what the most successful instructors do. ALL seem to promote the benefits for the student, that is, how the students will be able to do new things. Focus on "what's in it for me" for the students, then document why you are the ideal person and your course the ideal course to learn from. And Mr. Miller is right, negative comparisons will backfire. Student wants and needs should guide your promotional material.

Robert Brown, Ph.D.
Unique insights for personal & business success

Go to solution

Thank you

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors