Changing a course name

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing a course name

Go to solution

I am having a hard time figuring out how to change my course name. I follow the instructions but there is no place to change the name. Desperate for help... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Here is a picture of where to go @StephanieJ . You go to the Publish your course - course landing page. Don't forget to click the save button.Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.34.24 am.png

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose

View solution in original post

9 Replies
SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Here is a picture of where to go @StephanieJ . You go to the Publish your course - course landing page. Don't forget to click the save button.Screen Shot 2019-03-18 at 11.34.24 am.png

Sharon Ramel

Go to solution

Thank you! I found it and fixed it! 

Go to solution

Dear @SharonRamel , thanks for your great explanation. Do you happen to know whether it has an effect on the coupons I gave out? My thought: the url of the coupons has the names of the course in it. So, If I change the name, are the 'old' coupons still valid?

Cheers

Nina 

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @NinaSchacht095  I change the names of my courses on a semi regular basis! I am always trying to find a competitive edge. I haven’t found it has negatively affected or altered coupon uptake. My coupon names don’t reflect the name of the course at all.

Keep in mind that from the 7th we enter the brave new world of coupons, our old ones remain valid however will reflect what the current Udemy price is rather than what we set it at (maybe years ago in my case!)

Sharon Ramel

Go to solution

Dear @SharonRamel , thanks for this quick response. And yes, I am curious what exactly happens on the 7th. Haven't fully understood what the changes in the brave new coupon-world will mean 😉

Cheers

Nina 

SharonRamel
Community Champion

Go to solution

Open heart, open mind @NinaSchacht095, it should mean a higher price for our course in the long term. Stay agile, change is the on,y constant in our lives. Personally this month with some of the changes already here I am seeing a positive trend. How this will play out for my Coupons I don’t know. I am sitting back and taking an open heart stance! 

Sharon Ramel

Go to solution

Hi SharonRamel, I've got a slightly different problem. I've changed my course name - but my course still has the old name when found in searches. Only once you click on the course and go to its landing page does it reflect the updated name. Do you know why that is?

Go to solution

Hello, is that the only option available? I have to finish everything till I get to landing page?

Go to solution

Since I haven’t had any stiffened enroll in my course yet, am I able to change the title of my published course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors