Clarification on marketing with student reviews

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on marketing with student reviews

Hi, I'm a newer instructor here on Udemy. I put my first free course up in December. I hope this doesn't sound stupid, but I know Udemy has a lot of rules, so I wanted to clarify what it says in the "Establish your credibility with reviews" topic in the marketing section. I don't want to assume. The way it sounds to me is:

• It's okay to put student reviews on social media. I'd think that means it would be okay to use a graphic with a nice review when marketing my course. Does that mean I could use part of a longer review as a quote as long as it doesn't change the meaning? 
  • Do I need to ask the student for permission? Is it okay to use their name, or should I ask first? Should I contact them in any way before using their review?
  • It sounds like using those student reviews on my website would be okay too. 

I know I'm getting technical here, but details are important to me. I'd appreciate anything that would clear up my obsessive-compulsive, perfectionist questions before I make any blunders.

Thanks

2 Replies

Ok, I joined in 2018, 🙂 a little older instructor than you, my opinion is

by "Establish your credibility with reviews" it means

The reviews on your courses establish your credibility, so this means you have to put your focus on them. This means:

1. If students are not giving reviews, you can ask them politely to give reviews

2. You can quote these reviews in your landing page, or on other places on social media as your testimonials, there is nothing wrong in it.

Thank you for your reply!Smiley Happy

I'm probably getting too technical. If I do something wrong, I'm sure that I'll be notified. Given that I've got this course as a freebie on my own website, too, I don't have to use the reviews from Udemy students. I just thought it would be a nice addition to add them to social media so people who already have a Udemy account see that they can get it there too. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors