Copyright issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copyright issue

Hi,

I want to publish a course about ChatGPT on Udemy. In the course I used free open source software's as well as completely free fonts for commercial use, in addition to free images and music for commercial use.

But in my course, I explain how to use ChatGPT by recording the screen. I used the official ChatGPT website, for explaining how to use ChatGPT. In addition to mentioning the name of the OpenAI company by defining ChatGPT, as well as including its link to a file explaining how to register on the company website in order to use ChatGPT.

The issue is the following as I read in OpenAI terms the following text:

"(b) Use of Brands. You may not use OpenAI’s or any of its affiliates’ names, logos, or trademarks, without our prior written consent."

The source: https://openai.com/terms/

Based on OpenAI company's terms, do I need to obtain written permission from OpenAI in order to publish a course about how to use ChatGPT?

Please, any information or clarifications on this subject are most welcome.

Thank you.

4 Replies

Hi @Keibai - Since there are already 90 courses available on Udemy covering chatGPT I doubt you are going to run into any issues. All those instructors would have received cease and desist orders already. However, it certainly wouldn't hurt to ask. Then you would have your bases covered.

ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Keibai You will need to send an email to our Trust & Safety team with all these details so the team can provide you with a response on what steps you need to take.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Hi @Keibai I went through your community post, I have a similar question, can you let me know what you did to get this sorted.

thanks,

Gayatri

While there are a lot of courses on ChatGPT already in the Udemy marketplace (and elsewhere), I think the easiest way to get a definitive answer is to reach out to OpenAI. That way you have something in writing from the source since it is OpenAI's terms of service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors