Course Image - examples

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Image - examples

Hi all, I see I can create a course image. It is unclear to me how and where this shows up in your class. Can anyone share any good examples?

Also what tools do people use to create a course image?

Thanks,

Mike Witt

9 Replies
LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

This is the course image for the overall course and it appears whenever someone finds your course in search. It also appears in your revenue report for each course. 

To find this go to your course management page, then scroll down to "course landing page." Toward the bottom of the page there is a place to upload your course image and a place to upload your promo video. 

Udemy can create an image for you, but I prefer to find an image that I feel is relevant to my course content. I find images on istock but there are lots of others sites to find images. I modify them, putting in my own face in the corner. I use Corel Draw to do this, but you can use any graphics program. If you go to my home page you will see all of my courses and images. 

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thank you so much Lawrence, that was very helpful.

Mike Witt

Lawrence gave some good information as to how they are used so here is how I make mine... what I do is I make the course image in keynote using photos I took myself and the callous shapes in the program to create the image then I set the slide size to the specific size udemy requires and i export it as an image. I do this because I know I won't have to worry about copyright issues and it allows me complete control over what the image is. I have found keynote and ppt especially useful for this as they are much more user friendly than paint, and gimp. 

I've used gimp before so I know exactly what you mean 🙂

Thanks for the ideas!

Thanks, Lawrence. I would like to see your home page - is it Udemy home page? Link? 

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

This is my Udemy homepage: https://www.udemy.com/user/lawrencemmiller/

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

Thanks. I saw that your courses are very much sought after!

I could see all your course images - simple, but powerful. But your face is getting cut off, partially or fully, in mobile phone screen, though.

Wondering what size of image you submitted.

Hi Michael,

You can use www.canva.com for images. It has lot of free Amazing images.

Regards,

Bigdata Engineer

Thanks, this looks pretty amazing!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors