Course Image

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Image

I am almost halfway through the Course creation, and I keep bouncing on the course image. After searching the Quality Standards and some "solution" on this board, i am still unclear about the following points: 

1- Can the image have the Course Title displayed on it; 

2 - what is the use of the course image VS promotional Welcome video that always appears on the course sale platform? I understand the course image becomes the image of reference for communications/ payments/ instructor message board etc for the course, but where else does it appear?

I searched and reviewed many course images and all of them have text, /Course title on it. So i am totally confused with the requirements since it specially says NO TEXT, but also  " Text should not cover image" Sounds dissonant to me! Help please. 

1 Reply

Hey @zenyogi, good questions!

1. As a general rule, you may use text in an iconic way such as a logo or product name related to the course. I'd suggest, however, you reach out to policy@udemy.com for more details or specifics about your individual situation.
  2. We use course images for all onsite/mobile "course cards." If your course appears in Search, in a recommendation unit, in a Frequently Bought Together carousel, etc., it will display your course image. We may also use your course image in offsite advertising.

Hope this helps!

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!