Course Marketing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Marketing

Hi! I want to start publishing my first course. However, I am really afraid that it will just sit there in the vacuum, getting no sells at all. I watched some videos on how to create your first Udemy course and many has suggested not to start if you don't have a marketing plan, like advertising the course on your YouTube channel and herein lies the problem. I don't know anything about digital marketing and I don't even have a YouTube channel. I plan to create one and to have a grasp of digital marketing too but that will take a lot of time. What do you suggest? Are there instructors who have started like me yet still got many students and could sell their courses? 

Thanks. 

1 Reply

Before all that, I'd recommend researching the demand and competition for your course. Udemy's Market Place Insights is a great tool to tell you the level of demand for your topic and the current level of competition.

In regards to Digital Marketing, to be completely honest, it's sometimes most Udemy instructors need to learn to do. I took several courses on Udemy to enhance my online marketing chops. Phil Ebiner and Diego Davila's 36-hour Digital Marketing Masterclass here on Udemy is a good place to start. What you'll find is that some aspects of online marketing take months, if not years, whereas other ones can be accomplished in days.

Additionally, here's a great post on planning your marketing efforts by Lawerence Miller:
https://community.udemy.com/t5/First-time-course-creation/Plan-Your-Course-Marketing-Before-You-Publ... 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors