Course Pricing Options: subscriptions vs non-refundable full purchase

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course Pricing Options: subscriptions vs non-refundable full purchase

Is there a way to opt out of allowing Udemy subscribers to have access to my course? Can I sell my course for a one-time non-refundable full purchase with lifetime access or must I also opt in to having my course offered as part of an annual or monthly Udemy subscription? How will I be paid if it's offered in the Udemy subscription service? How will I be paid if my course is purchased as a one-time non-refundable lifetime access purchase?

5 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TgonzSrti307 Happy Friday! 😊

You can absolutely opt out of Udemy Subscriptions if you don’t want your courses included in the Udemy Business and Personal Plan. Then your courses will be sold on the marketplace only and enrolled students will have lifetime access to the purchased course.

The revenue share of sales occurring in the marketplace depends on how the students purchase the course, sales occurring through your promotions, you’ll receive 97% of the revenue when the student purchases it using your coupon or referral link.

Sales that do not occur through your promotion, you receive 37% of the revenue for any Udemy sales where no instructor coupon or course referral link was used. 

Payouts for Personal Plan follow the Udemy Business model. Each individual instructor earns a proportion of this amount equal to the proportion of minutes consumed on their content by paying subscribers. 

I hope this information helps. 

Best regards,

Can I opt in and opt out of udemy subscription more than once?

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TgonzSrti307

Yes, you can opt in and opt out of Udemy subscription as often as you want to, as long as your courses haven't been added to our Udemy Business collection by the Curation team.

Please note: If any of your content is currently included in the business collection, the termination of your content’s participation in the collection will need to meet our termination policies.

Another important point to remember is that courses that are included in the Udemy Business collection, may not be offered on any site or platform other than your own.
Also, content that is available on external platforms, other than your own site, is not eligible for inclusion in the collection.

More information regarding the Udemy Business Content Subscription Program can be viewed by clicking here.

Please let me know if you have additional questions 😊.

In other words, if you have signed up for UfB, you are stuck with the personal subscriptions as well.

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you said.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors