Course specifications

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Course specifications

Dear advisor,

Some brief info about me:

- My name is Spyros Vrettos. I am based in Athens - Greece. Have two Masters degrees. One in Architecture (U of Minnesota) and the other in film making (NYU).

- I am a writer and director for film and TV projects. 

- I have an experience in open distant learning courses from 1995.

I have two courses in mind to teach in Udemy:

My 1st course has the title "Start engaging the interest of your movie spectators" which refers to an Introduction to Screenwriting. It is going to be followed by “Screenwriting intermediate” and “Screenwriting advanced”.

It is consisted by 5 lessons (one per week) of a duration of about 15min to 25max minutes each. I give 5 assignments (one after every lesson) and organize 5 one-hour of extensive live feedback usually in a Zoom conferences attended by all the students. Maximum number of students per course 25.

Please comment on the above and please propose me improvements.

I would like to know what is the minimum and what the maximum time length of each lesson?

3. My second course has the title "Cut two zeros". It is a course that instructs emerging film makers to make films with an ultra-small and affordable budget. (If a normal movie would cost for example 500,000$, cut two zeros and make it with 5,000$). I have made three feature films with this dogma. All of them awarded in film festivals.

This course is consisted of 10 lessons. I give 5 assignments. And I organize 5 zoom one-hour conferences in which I comment on the students’ assignments. 

Please comment on the above and please propose me improvements.

I have done all the above courses with texts. For Udemy I need to do them in Video and I realize that this may take me some time to shoot and edit.

Thanks for reading my message and for considering to advise me.

Spyros

1 Reply
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @SpyrosVrett809

Thank you for asking, and welcome to the community 😊.

Both topics sound great, but before you start working on either of the courses, I recommend checking out our marketplace insights tool. This will help you learn more about your course topics' demand. I hope this will help you with your decision-making process.

Please let us know if you have further questions about your journey on Udemy.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors