I have inserted good-quality audio narrations into my powerpoint slides.
When I convert the ppt into mp4, the sound is still good.
However, when I upload it to my course, the sound has suddenly become very crackly - unuseable.
Can anyone advise on this issue?
I have the exact same issue. I uploaded the first chapter of my course yesterday.
The video on my home pc is fine. I tested the file on my laptop as well. After uploading the exported mp4 file to udemy platform, it converts it somehow. Afterwards, when loading the video in the preview it has these very annoying crackling sounds. I
I would also appreciate some info on this issue but will also try to contact support. What annoys me most is that the problem only occurs in Firefox Browser (v88). Both on Windows 10 and Mac OS. The problem does NOT occur with browser Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome or Apples Safari. So it SEEMS it is an Firefox related problem.
At the same time I can watch Videos of other Instructors on Udemy just fine, without any issues. So it still must be something I do wrong I guess.
Further info that might help:
- Crackling sounds only exist while I talk.
- Audio (my voice) was recorded using a audacity with an external USB Mic (Marantz Professional Pod Pack 1) and is then exported as MP3 files (320kbps)
- Audio files are then inserted to Power Point
- Presentation is then exported as mp4 video
Thank you for your help.
- I use audacity to improve the overall speech quality (add some base and treble, and normalize it afterwards). But this does not seem to mean anything. I tried using the raw version of my recording, meaning I did not edit anything with audacity filters. The problem still occurs only after upload