Creating Course Using ChatGPT

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Course Using ChatGPT

Go to solution

Hi everyone, can we create a course using chatGPT Written script and outlines? Will it be Quality content or not?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi Bilal, @Bilal Hassan 
Thank you for asking a great question that many users may have.
Chatgpt, google search and of course going to a library and doing a research on a subject are the starting point about collecting reading, I repeat reading, nowadays, it is watching or listening, materials such as books, yes, books and journal papers and various articles on a subject that we instructors like to get ourselves updated with in order to keep our teaching lectures content sharpened and up to date, mind you that, before teaching any subject, we took courses, sometimes many courses in that one subject, before, embarking on a teaching effort.

so Chatgpt and other search tools can give you ideas, suggestions about where to find more references on the subject, NOT TO WRITE FOR US THE CONTENT OF A QUALITY COURSE WE LIKE TO TEACH

Cutting and pasting content from any source, is called plagiarism, taking someone's work/ideas and declaring it as our own work. 

So using Chatgpt and cutting and pasting it is plagiarism at its best
However Chatgpt is a fast tool to get ideas, links about a well formulated question

I have been first exposed to artificial intelligence in 1990 at MIT USA. I have taught graduate courses in the AI and its applications, published various papers in this subject and worked on research projects funded by various USA agencies.

In summary, you can use Chatgpt or other search tools, to get a certain CONTENT, such as scripts, outlines, but, yes there is a but, with only one t, you have to read, re-read and digest that content so you write something about that particular content USING YOUR OWN WORDS IN ANYTHING YOU DECLARE IT TO BE YOUR OWN WORK.

the next thing, is quality, where you strive to create a content superior to what you have seen or read, mainly you create content that outshines all other content published out there in the vast internet, and you do not stop there, you need to keep improving your content, since, a new content by other authors like you is published fast.

Best regards,

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Go to solution

From whatever little I have seen of ChatGPT, it seems great for verbiage and general "fluff", but I am not sure of how much depth it can offer on a particular subject.
Using ChatGPT to get an initial overview, or to find out what all sub topics you need for a topic, may be great, but I would recommend researching or creating your own content, to provide the meat of the Course !

Go to solution

Hi Bilal, @Bilal Hassan 
Thank you for asking a great question that many users may have.
Chatgpt, google search and of course going to a library and doing a research on a subject are the starting point about collecting reading, I repeat reading, nowadays, it is watching or listening, materials such as books, yes, books and journal papers and various articles on a subject that we instructors like to get ourselves updated with in order to keep our teaching lectures content sharpened and up to date, mind you that, before teaching any subject, we took courses, sometimes many courses in that one subject, before, embarking on a teaching effort.

so Chatgpt and other search tools can give you ideas, suggestions about where to find more references on the subject, NOT TO WRITE FOR US THE CONTENT OF A QUALITY COURSE WE LIKE TO TEACH

Cutting and pasting content from any source, is called plagiarism, taking someone's work/ideas and declaring it as our own work. 

So using Chatgpt and cutting and pasting it is plagiarism at its best
However Chatgpt is a fast tool to get ideas, links about a well formulated question

I have been first exposed to artificial intelligence in 1990 at MIT USA. I have taught graduate courses in the AI and its applications, published various papers in this subject and worked on research projects funded by various USA agencies.

In summary, you can use Chatgpt or other search tools, to get a certain CONTENT, such as scripts, outlines, but, yes there is a but, with only one t, you have to read, re-read and digest that content so you write something about that particular content USING YOUR OWN WORDS IN ANYTHING YOU DECLARE IT TO BE YOUR OWN WORK.

the next thing, is quality, where you strive to create a content superior to what you have seen or read, mainly you create content that outshines all other content published out there in the vast internet, and you do not stop there, you need to keep improving your content, since, a new content by other authors like you is published fast.

Best regards,

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.

Go to solution

Thank you so much for your great guidance.

Go to solution

Hi Bilal @Bilal Hassan 
Thank you Bilal for your kind words, it is my pleasure to provide some hints and guidance.
I do wish you a great success with your courses creation and teaching them to a wide audience.

Best regards,

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.

Go to solution

以我对OpenAI的测试结果来说,ChatGPT的数据源时效性相对来说还是不够的,因此,我建议你可以试试new bing,它是实时更新检索的。

Go to solution

I'm using Chat GPT to generate SEO content and it's great but if you don't understand that topic then you don't know if Chat GPT is creating correct content or not. It tends to do what it is you think it wants to do based on your prompt and can generate warped or false content. If you can't properly fact check or proof read what it creates or don't know enough about the topic you have no right to post a course anywhere afaiak. But if you're no writer yet 100% understand the content then go for it.

It's coming - there's no denying it. So let's at least strive to quality control what we produce.

Go to solution

@Ahmed_Jendoubi hits the nail squealy on its head. From my experience its absolutely terrible at writing technical articles from scratch, as in you simply cannot trust the content.

We know that there are a bunch of popular videos on YT that "teaches "you how to create a Udemy course , "even though you know nothing of the subject", and I'm sure there are courses like that on Udemy already, but its not going to last.

ChatGPT grabs information from who knows where, does not even give you the sources it uses, and from personal experience:

either gets it wrong completely,

contradicts itself from one query to another, or,

the most dangerous one of them all, gets it wrong so subtlety that somebody that does not know the subject at hand really REALLY well will not notice. 

As for creating course outlines its fine, as long as you are prepared and able to supplement the outline if you want to really dive deep into the content you plan on creating as it will invariably be very superficial 

Its brilliant at writing sales pages and the like yes, but for creating a course? That's a big nope from me. 

Go to solution

Hi Hofmeyer @HofmeyrdeVo128

Well formulated post, thank you!

Best regards,

Ahmed Jendoubi, Ph.D.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors