Creating My First Course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating My First Course

Go to solution

Can I create my first course using my business name (Justice Fitness LLC) and not necessarily use my real name/identity?  I would like to do voice overs but not necessarily be on camera with my face etc. Is that possible? Can I still create a quality course without being directly in front of the camera with my face/name/identity revealed?  I understand for tax purposes, I will have to give my name and social security number etc etc and I am prepared to do that. My reasons for this is because I am a complete newbie and don't want to bomb my first course and have my name associated with a course that is not successful. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hey, @JustynaJusticeDenney  It is allowed to create an account under a pen name rather than your legal name. Please note that if your new name differs from your legal name, however, you may be asked to complete additional instructor identification steps.

Remember, as an instructor, the name you decide to use is public and is visible in the marketplace. You may change your name at any time by following this link to your profile.

However, it's best to ask the team at policy@udemy.com the Trust & Safety team will be happy to clarify further.

I hope this helps!

Fernanda Rivera

Community Moderator

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

Hey, @JustynaJusticeDenney  It is allowed to create an account under a pen name rather than your legal name. Please note that if your new name differs from your legal name, however, you may be asked to complete additional instructor identification steps.

Remember, as an instructor, the name you decide to use is public and is visible in the marketplace. You may change your name at any time by following this link to your profile.

However, it's best to ask the team at policy@udemy.com the Trust & Safety team will be happy to clarify further.

I hope this helps!

Fernanda Rivera

Community Moderator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors