Creating a Test Course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Test Course

Hey!

I'm new to the udemy platform, and I was wondering if there was a way for me to create a "test" course". For example, a course that is linked to udemy where people go and see what the course is about but won't launch for a selected number of days. And the students would be able to put down payment in advance to view the course.

I'm asking because I would like to first test out course ideas before I jump into making detailed content of a course idea.

If Udemy doesn't have this functionality, can someone recommend another platform that does?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andychoo94,

Others may answer your specific question.  However, to me your approach to Udemy seems needlessly tentative.

Go for it!

The minimum Udemy course length is 30 minutes.  I wouldn't recommend it, but this length of course would give you more than enough opportunities to work out the kinks in your process.  Though I would make it an inexpensive paid course you could offer free coupons to get "test" input and draw students into the remainder of your courses.  Because you will need more than one course.  That's why I recommend you don't be too tentative and just dive in -- the water is fine ;-).

Hope this helps,

---Brian

Practical advice I give newbie creators is get the essential gear they can afford at the moment and scale up when their courses that bringing in results on Udemy. Get the hang of the process first which involves scripting,screen recording,post editing videos,noise removal and final video packaging till it becomes second nature. No need to rush yourself.

Now in your case,I recommend you create a very basic video series just to test the waters and upload on YouTube. Share on social media and monitor the channel's analytics in views and watch time. If you have a free blog or self hosted one,the blog analytics would give more detailed analysis of where your potential audience of students would come from in terms of the country location and how they reacted to the blog with the embedded videos. Any knowledge prior knowledge of self-promotion or digital marketing before launching your first paid course goes a long way beforehand.

Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors