Current waiting time for account verification and publishing a course

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current waiting time for account verification and publishing a course

Hi everyone,

I'm almost done with creating my first course. I wanted to know about the current delays in account verification by the Udemy team, followed by the course going live. When the pandemic started, the average account verification time was quite longer than usual. If anyone's recently published their course, or otherwise, has the delay reduced or is it still the same?

I'm planning to submit a verification video soon (I'm from India), and hoping it'd take around 5-7 days for verification. After 5-7 working  days, if the verification is successful, I'd submit the course, following which it should take another 5-7 working days to verify the course content, and make the course go live. So in total, it should take around 14 working days or 3 weeks for the course to go live.

This is my first course. Experienced instructors, or other knowledgeable community members, kindly let know how correct are my guesstimates?

Thanks in advance

1 Reply
IsabelH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TeeterTats972 

If you have successfully sent your verification video to verification@udemy.com, our team will follow up with you via email. The expected reply is about 24- 48 hours after you reached out.

Please note, however, at the moment their response time may vary due to a spike in the volume of tickets received, and it may lead to longer waiting times for the verification process and course verification to be completed.

Isabel Handal

Community Moderator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors