DO YOU GET TOLD WHEN YOUR COURSE IS BEING DISCOUNTED ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DO YOU GET TOLD WHEN YOUR COURSE IS BEING DISCOUNTED ?

Hi Everyone

My Name is Laura I have just published my first course. Wow what a lot of time and hard work !!  I signed up to the promotions package  But felt really disheartened when on the first day the course has been substantially discounted .  I am reluctant to promote the course to my mailing list of students when it is so heavily discounted  ( money is really tight at the moment)  Do you get told when your course is going to be discounted and how long the promotion will last for ??  Any advice gratefully received feeling very overwhelmed at the mo !    Think I need to practice what I preach and go and meditate !

Also did I read somewhere there is an app to keep track of courses etc ???

L

1 Reply

Hi Laura,

Congratulations on publishing your first course! It is hard work, and the first course is the hardest.

Discounts are run very often. The students are used to them. They rarely enroll into courses without discounts. Most of them wait a few days, until the next discount appears. From that perspective, a discount is a good thing! 

With all those discounts, it is unlikely that full-price sales will take place too often. The marketplace is too competitive for that. These days, it is not a place to get rich overnight. 

Now, if you don't want a discount to happen, you can opt out of the promotion package (or how it is called these days). But in that scenario, it's you who will take care of all the promotions.

Cheers,

WIth kind regards,

Vlad.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors