Deactivate Udemy Promotions for Self Marketed Students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deactivate Udemy Promotions for Self Marketed Students

Go to solution

Dear Community, 

I am about to publish my first course and need a bit of help related to promotions.

I want to activate Udemy promotions but only for the students who will be discovering my course on Udemy. 

I will be promoting the course myself as well through my course link to get a 97% share. But at the same time, I want students coming to the course through my link to purchase it at full price and I don't want them to encounter any Udemy promotions. 

This is because I will be spending time with these students and then once they agree to purchase the course and click on the link, I don't want them to buy it on sale and I end up getting a very small amount against my efforts.

Hope you got the point. Kindly let me know if there is a solution for this and how to apply it.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @sohail961

Thank you for posting, and thank you, @Alexia, for jumping in here!😊

As Alexia said correctly, unfortunately, instructors can't deactivate Udemy promotions for specific users / target groups. 

That being said, if you have opted into Udemy's Deals Program, the referral link will automatically match the price Udemy currently offers to that student for your course. If you haven't, the referral link will match your course's list price.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have additional questions. 

I wish you all the best on your teaching journey!🍀

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Go to solution

@sohail961 

There is information on promoting your course, and an option to contact support for further clarification here: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013339928-Promotions-Policy-

I think you can either be opted in or out of the promotion deals and can learn more here: https://support.udemy.com/hc/en-us/articles/229232827-Instructor-Promotional-Agreements-and-Udemy-De...

Peace

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @sohail961

Thank you for posting, and thank you, @Alexia, for jumping in here!😊

As Alexia said correctly, unfortunately, instructors can't deactivate Udemy promotions for specific users / target groups. 

That being said, if you have opted into Udemy's Deals Program, the referral link will automatically match the price Udemy currently offers to that student for your course. If you haven't, the referral link will match your course's list price.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have additional questions. 

I wish you all the best on your teaching journey!🍀

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors