Deals program ON / OFF ?

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Deals program ON / OFF ?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Udemy, less than a year. I had opted for the deals program but it significantly reduces the price of the courses compared to the effort provided.

I plan to deactivate it in November to see the positive or negative effects.

For former instructors, do you think it's a good or a bad idea?

Thank you ๐Ÿš€

1 Reply
DavidV.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Abderrazzaq Kharroubi,

Thanks for reaching out.

When opted into the Deals Program, our pricing system generates course-specific floors and sale price ranges according to each courseโ€™s actual sale data. If your courseโ€™s revenue is maximized at a higher price point (balancing conversion rate and paid price), over time, the system will move it toward that higher point. If the data suggests your revenue is better maximized at a lower point, then it will sell for a lower price.

Each sale is also a little different. A standing offer to get new users to sign up will have different price ranges for all courses than the global Black Friday sale, which will be different from a general sale in a specific country market, etc. So itโ€™s likely that over time, youโ€™ll see a variety of price points for your different courses depending on their performance, the particular market, and the particular sale. More information regarding the Deals Program is available in this Help Center article.

My recommendation will be to stay on the Deals Program, because we have a marketing team who put a lot of effort to offer your courses in the marketplace and you can still market your courses using your referral links  and you should be getting the 97% of revenue share on those enrollments.

Please note that you may opt out of the Deals Program at any time. Instructors can still participate in the marketplace without opting into promotional agreements.

I hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to follow up with any additional questions or concerns and weโ€™ll be happy to help.

David V.

Community Moderator

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors