Don't Make Your First course Free. New Free Courses Are Not Getting Students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Don't Make Your First course Free. New Free Courses Are Not Getting Students

Hi there,

I am a new instructor on Udemy. But i am late! I am so much disapponted to see that new free courses on Udemy is not getting much students. I was researching and trying to find out other new instructor first free course and i got very bad result. Udemy must have changed the algorithm. Here is an instructor that you can see "https://www.udemy.com/user/pronoy-11/" He published his first free course 1 week ago but got only 100 free students.

I am not going to make courses on Udemy anymore! Because what's the point? After working hard i will get very few students. Good Luck old instructor...

55 Replies

vey true, I completely agree even I was facing some difficuly earlier but have gradually started gaining students. And now I am happy and actually started working as a full time instructor at udemy. And i Love making couses and love to answere my student's queries. I actually enjoy it.

Yes! Looks like a future course though! However I honestly feel looking back at my previous experience while establishing a youtube audience so so forth, I will look back at concurrent feedback up of what audiences indeed will like about me! And also somewhat this will be a magnitude of experience up if selling techniques within my industry up of hairstyling while I perform online as well as within the workplace, allowing me a substantial income !!

FYI: The course "https://www.udemy.com/course/rxjs-101-course/#instructor-1"  mentioned in the above comment that it only has 30 students, now got 3250+ enrollments :-). Happy to see a happy ending.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree.....some people feel like the world owes them something, and they wonder why they aren't becoming millionaires a week later. Things are actually working EXACTLY as they should. If something isn't excellent, then it's MEDIOCRE.

Hello sir 

I published my first free  course yesterday but I'm not getting any enrollment.

Can you please help me? 

Those who have ears, let them hear and understand. Well said!

I am a new instructor on Udemy

No you are not... Yet! 

I am so much disapponted to see that new free courses on Udemy is not getting much students. 

•  How did you find it without publishing a single course? 
  • There is no point of making low quality free courses. Free low quality courses, does not mean people will like it. 

I was researching and trying to find out other new instructor first free course and i got very bad result. 

How did you research on it? How authantic your research is? Any data to support it? As I have already said low quality garbage will not attract any one! 

Udemy must have changed the algorithm.

Well again you have no data, as you have never published a single course... But why are you looking on something which is out of your contorl? Why dont you pay attension to publish your course? If you are not interested in publishing a course, then this discuission has no point to continue... 

He published his first free course 1 week ago but got only 100 free students.

Who is he? Whether he is failure or sucess, will it affect you? No!!! Then there is no point of discussing about someone else. Rather pay atttension to yourself. 

I am not going to make courses on Udemy anymore! 

What A joke! You have never published a single course and you are saying ANYMORE!

Because what's the point?

Whats the point of this post then, if you are not interested to publish any more courses here? 

After working hard i will get very few students.

But you motive was to spread eduction and not earning money. So it does not matter if you have low or high number of students. Dont leave the noble cause.  

Good Luck old instructor...

Whom you are talking to? Coz you are saying insturctor xD 

@Sijal_Ahmed 

Ha ha ha. Everything that you said i can prove wrong. But i don't have free time to waste on you.
Kindly work on your IQ.

You raise a valid point.

New instructors have long used the technique to get a presence on Udemy through this technique.

If Udemy remove this option, then I suggest thinking about creating a Free Course and putting it in a Facebook group and on YouTube.

That way you can still generate free students and then push the traffic where you want to.

Udemy is not the only place you can put free content if you want to launch an instructor business.

Excatly. For free content YouTube is much better place and has reach of billion of people on the go. 

@Sijal_Ahmed  
Why don't you also reach billion by it? 😄 Billions of people will love you ❤️

I have 6 years old channel on udemy and more than 300 videos are already on it. 

@Sijal_Ahmed 
How much do you earn? Can you make more than $5 per month? If you can make it more than $5 from udemy per month that would be really great!

Dont ask it from @LawrenceMMiller  @PhilEbiner @ScottDuffy @JasonDion about this as they are already making more than $5-25 per month (sorry I forget to add K at the end). 

I have already crossed 1K months ago on udemy. Hoping to cross 2K within few months.  

ScottDuffy
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

I don't know if any of this is really "changed".

So you're saying it's harder to be successful on Udemy than it was 5 years ago? Yes it is.

Harder to be successful on Youtube than it was 5 years ago? Yes it is.

Harder to be successful on Amazon FBA / Amazon Kindle / Facebook ads / Google Ads / Making money from Adsense / ..... yes. All that is true.

Udemy is not "making" it harder. It's harder as more people enter these markets looking to make money.

Yeah, a JavaScript course will have a hard time being successful. You can learn Javascript for free all over the Internet. Pick a better topic.

@ScottDuffy Well said.

@JocelynH Thanks for keeping everyone in line. Can we ensure only "Published Instructors" are part of the Published Instructors club? 

Someone who has not published a course or is not Udemy staff should not be part of this group.

An aspiring instructor can certainly be part of Studio U.

Hey @RajGupta, this conversation is currently happening in Studio U. Only published instructors have access to Published Instructor Club. while published instructors have access to both.

Hey everyone, please remember to be respectful of one another. There are many ways to create a course and get it in front of students. There isn't one correct answer, and that's okay. 

Let's also keep our community values in mind, specifically "be a learner" and "be open minded," as you continue this conversation. Thanks!

@JocelynH  I asked you a question and didn't get any answer. Can you reply?

LawrenceMMiller
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mona364 What is your question? I will try to answer it if I can.

Lawrence M. Miller
Author/Instructor

You think, All you have to do is to create some xyz course, and Udemy and entire universe will work relentless in filling your pockets !

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors