Feedback Thread: Give & Get Feedback on your course here!

Options

Whether this is your first or fifth course, it’s always helpful to hear from other instructors how you can improve your course content to be even better.

Before you share your course content, check out our self-promotion policy and read these quick guidelines:

1. Be specific. Share what you’re looking to improve or things you’re concerned about so your fellow instructors can provide targeted feedback.
  2. Upload content directly. Whenever you can, directly upload a video or course outline to our platform so it’s easier for other instructors to check it out.
  3. Don’t share course links or instructor coupons. This is a space to share and receive feedback, not sell to other instructors. If you want to reference a course, share the full name of your course without linking it. Instructors can find the course by clicking on your community profile and going to your instructor account on Udemy.
  4. Pay it forward. If you’re asking for feedback, look over someone else’s course and give them some feedback too! Always try to give more than you ask for.

We hope this feedback thread can help you create even better courses!

Comments

• Dr. Troy Walls
    Options

Udemy has been excellent to work with thus far. They are very organized and I really enjoy their promptness in returning messages and keeping you informed. Thanks a lot!

• RafaelOscar1
    Options

I totally agree! I´m teaching, but I´m always learning here thanks to you.

• Evolvo-Cristina
    Options

Hi!

I am translating one of my courses from Spanish to English. I would like to know if my level of English is acceptable to teach on Udemy. I am worried that the students will give me negative reviews because of my pronunciation and accent, and my average score as a teacher will drop significantly.
    What do you think?

Here's the video: https://youtu.be/RTdlFqzh5Ss

Thank you all very much!

• BrianMcGreg873
    Options

Just had a quick listen (the first 90 seconds) and your pronunciation is just fine. I help non-native English speakers (mainly Spanish speaking Colombians) improve their English and didn't hear anything wrong. Good job!

• RaquelCoelho
    Options

Hola @Evolvo-Cristina
    !

I checked out a bit of your video and I think that the level of English is clear. Personally, I love the accent, which I think gives your video a quaint vibe. But, vibes aside, I truly believe in international English, international Portuguese... international languages... so that more people have access to more learning opportunities!

• RaquelCoelho
    Options

Hi fellow instructors,

My request for help is less specific. In my case, I wonder why my courses are not selling. I believe I have a good product, and in real life I have used all the strategies I share in the courses, so I do not understand why they are not selling here. I would love to hear your thoughts and advice.

Thanks a million!

• RaquelCoelho
    Options

Dear Bob

Thank you so much for taking the time to look at some of the material I created and for sharing your thoughts. Every single point you make makes sense to me. I will certainly do a review. Well done on having created so many courses. Let me know if there is ever any help I can provide!

• RobertBrown028
    Options

You're welcome. One other thought. We both face the same challenge. Life is an individual experience, as you say. Somehow, we must define the student's outcome even though we cannot know what it is! All part of the fun. Maybe the meaning of life really is 42.

• RaquelCoelho
    Options

Ah that magic number 42... it's a complex galaxy! Indeed, individual needs, and like you teach in one of your courses: we need to live our own needs, to avoid getting "jerked" around by everyone else's needs!

Best wishes, off to dreamland here in Lisbon!

• DamianMcKinnon
    Options

I like your voice and find you easy to follow but I do courses on Domestika so am comfortable with the Spanish accent. I'd still include subs but you've got a lovely voice and clear pronunciation.

• RaquelCoelho
    Options

Dear @DamianMcKinnon

What powerful feedback! Thanks so much. I have already made some notes based on your kind and helpful feedback. It's super to meet someone who is creating courses that are less about tech and more about humans and lifelong learners.

Let me know if you ever want some feedback too!

• DamianMcKinnon
    Options

You're welcome Raquel! Don't be shy reaching out if I can ever help in any way.

• KennethJone507
    Options

If it's not too much trouble, I wonder if people would mind giving me feedback on my promo video to my course titled "SwiftUI 4 and Swift 5.7: iOS App Development for iOS 16". It's about 3 and half minutes long and I'd specifically like feedback on audio quality, as well as how well I explain the course topic and content, and last how well the visuals align with the message.

• Ulhas_Samant
    Options

I am a first time creator and I am trying to build a course on Project Management,https://www.udemy.com/home/teaching/test-video/feedback I am attaching here a sample video.
    Pl. give me a candid feed back on audio quality, video quality and and the teaching.
    Regards
    -Ulhas Samant

• DamianMcKinnon
    Options

That link points to everyone's default test video - we the one we submitted to Udemy not your specific video. perhaps upload it to YouTube or Vimeo?

• Ulhas_Samant
    Options

Good that you pointed out. I have uploaded the video. Pl. check. Thanks and Regards

• MarioMatthe714
    Options

Good day.

I would appreciate some feedback on my first video.

• RobertBrown028
    Options

I have two thoughts if this is the first video students will see.

1. Fantastic--engaging visuals, good music and good voice quality. I am envious.

2. Few, if any students want to learn much about your background. They want to know what you can do for them. My thought is to describe yourself in 2-3 sentences and then explain what students will be able to do after your course. How will they be different? What advantages will they gain? I believe the first video is a sales and engagement tool. Less on facts and information and more on emotional engagement. Good luck.

• RonErez
    Options

The video looks nice.

Maybe it would be possible to provide captions because there is a slight accent.

The video does look very professional.

To be honest I think introductory videos should be short as possible, under a minute, but I might be wrong.

Maybe it's worthwhile to look at Udemy's videos on course creation. Perhaps they have guidance for the intro video creation.

Good luck !

Ron

• MinhHai610
    Options

You owns a inspiring, clear voice, it is easy to understand

• erickottke
    Options

hi id love feedback on my promo video. i will add myself into some parts of the course letting people know that i am using chat gpt to help guide me on content creation and as a way to improve the learning experience for my students.

• MinhHai610
    Options

Hi Bella.

Hi all instructors on there.

About video this is my disadvatage trouble. I never show my face on any community pages from childhood. Im afraid of be shown my face or picture while videos processing

No understand myself.

Thanks all for reading.

• erickottke
    Options

thanks for sharing. could you think of easier ways to teach? the cure for fear is taking action. what actions could you take to overcome obstacles?

• Ahmed_Jendoubi
    Options

Hi Eric @erickottke

I have watched your demo video, and this my personal feedback:

1. The first thing I expected to see is you introducing yourself, WITH YOUR FACE going along with your nice voice.
    2. Next I wanted to know about your knowledge of the subject.
    3. I also was looking for your ability to communicate the subject to me and motivate me well telling me what will I learn, what will I accomplish.
    4. I personally value quality over quantity of the content to be covered, so Eric: "Where is beef?"
    5. my humble recommendation for your is to make sure that the content you are covering is clear and easy to follow, with you along side: "where is the lovely face that goes by the name Eric Kottke.

Best regards,

• erickottke
    Options

i plan on adding myself along the course in various areas. thanks for your feedback

• SarmishthaP901
    Options

https://www.udemy.com/course/how-to-ace-a-performance-appraisal/learn/lecture/36232416#overview

Hi,

Appreciate your feedback and reviews

Thanks in advance

Sarmi

• JackCook954
    Options

Hello everyone,

I launched my first course yesterday - Mastering dbt, and would appreciate any feedback on the landing page / demo video / instructor video / my profile. I want to make sure that I make the most of my course having the "new" tag and that I'm not missing anything obvious that would put students off.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• RonErez
    RonErez Posts: 95
    Options

Awesome.

I'd be happy to check it out.

Is there a link to the course ?

Good luck !