Finding a Course Topic and Price

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding a Course Topic and Price

Hello, 

I have gained a small following on social media and would like to create a course to advertise to my followers. I have an idea of the courses I could create but I have come to a standstill because I wondered if the courses would be something that my followers would be interested in. 

What are some ways I can get a better idea of the course content that would interest my followers? 

Furthermore, how could I find out the prices they would be willing to pay for a course? 

1 Reply
AliciaPaz
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Content

1.  Ask your audience; On IG I have put into stories, "would you prefer X or Y" and done so over the course of a few weeks to get some idea.  Keep in mind you will be selling your course beyond whatever your current e-mail list or followers are. 

2. If you haven't already, create a basic website and begin collecting e-mails (note: instructors can not collect Udemy students' e-mails), but you can collect from visitors and followers, I found this vital pre-launch.

3. I just did this with moderate success- send a quick survey and ask.  I offered a $25 GC to one lucky winner.  Sent 800 e-mails, got 18 replies. 

4. A while back I also asked for Beta students on social media who would give more specific feedback, and rather than create four 6 hr. courses to gauge interest, I put one course's videos on DropBox and gave them a link and a google survey via e-mail.   Once the course was live, all 10 Beta users received a free coupon to join and another (non-Udemy related) perk.

Pricing

Rather than focusing on what your followers will pay, think about what Udemy users will pay (presuming your course will be public.)   See what others in your field/topic are charging and go with that.  Keep in mind most students will enroll during a sale (also presuming you are opting in for them), so you can price your course at $99.99, but the average student may pay $14.99 or less.  

Alicia Paz M.A, QMHP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors