First course upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First course upload

Go to solution

Hi, from Croatia, glad to be part of this community. We are working on course and are in process of recording and editing and I have few questions please.  Our course have intro + 8 episodes, sections. Every episode is about 10min long, when I create course do I upload them separately or joined in one file and then split to sections? Do I choose what parts to preview or is that automatically done? What about subtitles, course is in english, do I need to integrate them to video or they work automatically like on youtube for example? Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AnupShukla
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Lamza Med 

Just upload the video lectures separately according to the course structure/outline.  You can upload them in different modules or section you will create.

Once uploaded, you can select a few lectures for preview as you deem fit. Else, Udemy will automatically set first few lectures for preview. 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

AnupShukla
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey @Lamza Med 

Subtitles (captions) are auto generated. Udemy notifies you after generating the captions, so that you can tweak them and modify as you deem fit.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
AnupShukla
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hi @Lamza Med 

Just upload the video lectures separately according to the course structure/outline.  You can upload them in different modules or section you will create.

Once uploaded, you can select a few lectures for preview as you deem fit. Else, Udemy will automatically set first few lectures for preview. 

Hope this helps!

Go to solution

Great, many thanks for info. What about subtitles, how they work? Automatically like youtube, separatelly like srt. file or they need to be integrated in video?

AnupShukla
Community Champion

Go to solution

Hey @Lamza Med 

Subtitles (captions) are auto generated. Udemy notifies you after generating the captions, so that you can tweak them and modify as you deem fit.

Go to solution

Thank you very much 👌

Go to solution

Hi!
You need to upload separately but you have to know that if you have a number for everyone's short video part of your course it will be different from the numbering that Udemy gives you. 

So every single video in your course has just the NEXT number. If you never mansion the number in your course it is ok. But I have something like -  BB! See you in the next lecture 5. So, because the course starts with the first INTRO video and I never count like a lecture my numbering starts a step or two later than Udemy. Not a big deal but good to know. 
Best of luck!
🙂

Dr. Martin

Go to solution

Thanks for info, that's a very good tip, makes sense.

Go to solution

Hi, I am trying to upload my 1st course on Udemy but for some reason it will not load. I get error messages that my course was too long and then I split it up into section and it starts loading but always stops at 16% and never finishes. Can someone help me?

Go to solution

The more your give user to see preview it admire by student if your confidence in your content you turn previews for almost 30-50% course which create a faith

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors