First time instructor for math courses

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time instructor for math courses

Hello everyone, my name is Ariana. I am just starting in Udemy and my first course (and only one so far) is about geometry. I am a civil engineer but I have always felt passionate about teaching. Currently, I am getting my masters so I am doing this on the side.

I would like to ask for some advice on how can I promote my course and make it more attractive to students. I believe my course has a lot of valuable information but as I just started I have 0 reviews so I don't know how to get people to enroll.

Thank you in advance for the advice

Ariana

2 Replies
IsabelH
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @ArianaMorales 

You might want to take a look at this great thread where instructors shared some marketing tips: https://community.udemy.com/t5/Marketing/How-can-I-market-my-course/m-p/435

Hope this helps!

Isabel Handal

Hi @ArianaMorales 

The first thing you need to consider is how many other courses teach Geometry. I did a Udemy search on Geometry and found over 700 courses. So, you are competing against 700+ courses. You can imagine how difficult it's going to be to get your course noticed. It's going to take a lot of time. 

The only thing I can think of to suggest is to find online math / geometry clubs and offer free coupons to your course to gain some attention and reviews. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors