Happy Monday! 💪😁🌴🤙

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happy Monday! 💪😁🌴🤙

Happy Monday!

I will be around today - ask me anything. Here is what I am working on today:

I am recording 3 new lectures all day today, and writing lecture descriptions. Also, I just finished live streaming a class on YouTube using the Restream studio. Typically I stream using OBS and today I tried something different. 

Today I learned a lesson that I keep learning - always check your settings!

I streamed at 720p 60fps and set the video to 480p 30fps. The result was a laggy, blurry live stream!😲😒

BillyWigley_0-1635790109780.png

Don't Get Mad...Get Skills!

💪😁🌴🤙

7 Replies

HI !

thanks for the oportunity to ask questions ... 🙏

I am new will be teaching yoga lessons what is your advice for starters ?

Maybe you have any tips ?  I need a youtube  to get  students to go to my course ? 

namaste ! 😘

Congratulations, Denise!

You are where we all have been, and you are headed in the right direction already just by asking for help.

Here is something to get you started based on my own experience:

Step 1 - Maintain a constant PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) - remember that you are sharing your positive vibes with a world that needs them.

Step 2 - Make a plan

• Why do you want to teach? Why an online course?
  • What about Yoga do you want to teach?
    • History of Yoga
    • How to open a Yoga studio?
    • Yoga for Positive Outcomes
    • The 7 Key Elements of a Successful Yoga Practice
    • Introduction to Yoga
    • Advanced Yoga Poses
    • Salute The Sun, Downward Dog! 😊
  • Make a plan for how you will structure your course.
    • How will you teach?
      • In a studio
      • Outside
      • Green screen
    • What resources will you provide?
    • You can start by answering the questions as you set up the course landing page.
    • Keep it simple.

Step 3 – I like your idea of having a YouTube channel because it is  great place to start learning about recording video, lighting, angles, and audio (sounding great is VERY important).

Learning how to make YouTube video is a great exercise in developing your technical skills and building your confidence while you develop your audience. It will help you prepare for submitting a TEST video. Once you have made the type of video that you will use in your course make sure to send it up as a TEST video for approval. Do this BEFORE recording all your course videos.

Step 4 – Make sure that you know what the minimum requirements are to having a course, like a minimum of 30 minutes of video and the like.

Step 5 – Just Do It! 

I think of my courses a "living courses." In other words, my courses are never complete because I am continuously adding to them. My First course was only 30 minutes and now it is 4.5 hours!

Just by reading your question and the manner in which you wrote it, I can tell you have what it takes to make your course a reality and help lots of people.

Keep on learning, Denise!

-Billy "Mr. Aloha" Wigley

Wow THANK YOU so much for the thoughtful advice !

I will create youtube channel to practice and how do I submit TEST VIDEO please?

I value the help you have given me . You are the best ! 

namaste !😘 🍃

Happy Tuesday, Denise!

To upload a Test Video log into your Udemy instructor dashboard, go to Courses and scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see the option for Test Video.

Go for it!

💪😁🌴🤙

BillyWigley_0-1635877982841.png

SharonRamel
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

That is great advice to everyone @BillyWigley , @Denise.W. you have a great list to start with here.

Sharon Ramel
Spiritual Guide, Shaman, Priestess of the Blue Rose
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

I couldn't agree more with Sharon! Thank you for your willingness to help, @BillyWigley, we love to see that in this community! 💪 

Woo-hoo!

Thank you @Bella and @SharonRamel!

Like you all, I too want Udemy to fulfill its mission, and that is why I recommend Habit # 4 of Highly Effective People: Think Win-Win.

Remember who we are at Udemy:

BillyWigley_0-1635891216630.png

That's why I say: "Don't Get Mad...Get Skills!"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors