Hello - New Instructor Introduction! A question about talking heads.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello - New Instructor Introduction! A question about talking heads.

Hi Udemy Community,

I wanted to introduce myself as I've just joined Udemy as an Instructor.  I am planning on launching my first course next week and really excited about it.  

Would anyone have advice on a good software for making talking head videos?  I want to do something simple for my intro video since it's my first course.  Thanks so much!

I'll be launching a course on advancing business English skills because I teach this to students from different countries, every day.  I've decided to make a course on this topic but hope to also do one on songwriting (I have it part written already) and branch out from there.  

I'm heading to Law school next week to finish my qualifications so I can practice, so this is my sideline. I've always wanted to publish courses and this platform seemed a great way to start. I'm from, and living in, Scotland, UK.  

I hope to have some great discussions here!

4 Replies
Robin_Slee
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Welcome aboard 😉 for talking head videos, you can’t go far wrong with an iPhone on a tripod and plenty of light! 

Thank you Robin! It’s great to be here and I appreciate the advice. I’m planning to experiment with video today and see how I get on. ‘Lots of light’ noted! 

Hi @CMGEnglishL658 

You can use phones and video editing apps these days. Worth a try. I get good videos with my samsung on selfie mode. But look at the lens, not your beautiful self! Then it looks like you are talking to your student. 

I also edit mine on PowerDirector. It takes some learning but is good. 

My first course is coming soon. Good luck with yours.

LL

Hi Lizzy,

Thanks so much for the advice! I really

appreciate the tips.

I’ll definitely have a look at PowerDirector  and will remember to look at the camera :). It’s easy to forget that one :).

It’s great to hear you’re launching soon too, all the very best!

Colette 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors