Hello Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Udemy Community

I am about to create course here in Udemy for the first time, and I would like to have your experience regarding to course creation, what I have to do and what I don't have to do as a beginner.

Thank You.

4 Replies
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @DawitBezuneh Welcome to the Instructor Community! This is a great place for you to start, there is plenty of information about the course creation process journey, and we have our knowledge baseboard that has a compilation of the post on every stage, you can find it here and you are more than welcome to use keywords in the community search to find topics of your interest. 

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community Moderator 

Helpful, thank you so much 

Hi @DawitBezuneh 

From what I know is the following:

- Make sure that there is a need for your course. Check this page https://www.udemy.com/instructor/marketplace-insights/

- Make sure that you have a well-formed course, in terms of one thing builds on from the previous thing. If you are doing an advanced course, you could skip around. Ask friends and family or people in your audience what they are battling with and solve those issues. 

- Getting your course noticed is hard. Make sure that you start teasing that your course is going live on your various platforms YouTube, LinkedIn etc wherever your audience is. Give your audience first "dibs" on your course, by sharing a discount code with them as soon as the course is live. This will mean that Udemy will label your course "Hot & New" label. 
- Share snippets of your course that will encourage people to come to your course using TikTok, YT Shorts etc

- Have a thick skin. It is not all sunshine and roses. My first course the day it went live was rated 2 stars by 1 person who watched 2% of a 20 hour course. Which then made my course rated at 2 stars. Fortunately the rest of the people who had bought the course, rated it 5 stars and the 2 stars was quickly drowned out, but it hurt. 

Keep going and good luck. 

So helpful, Thank you so much for your time and share such helpful experience with me.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors