Help with Course Preview video and course "benefits"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Course Preview video and course "benefits"

Hello everyone.

This is the first course I am creating. I am having trouble with the "benefits" on my Course Preview video. I understand what I should be described; but, after my course, it is the details of how they will be able to "do" this and that rather than simply being able to "do" this and that, which I believe will set my course apart if that makes sense. Consequently, I can list things my audience will be able to "do" after completing my course; however, some of my audience may already be "doing" this already, albeit in a manner not on par (most likely) or thoroughly as my course would offer. Consequently, I am having trouble consolidating this level of detail into 20 seconds (roughly) whereby my target audience would feel the course is justified.

Here's just 1 example, there are tons more:  after the course, my audience (as software developers and/or software consultants) will be able to "maintain [their] relevance and marketability". Some or most of them may already be doing that to a greater or lesser degree, but how do I communicate to them that they will be able to "maintain [their] relevance and marketability" on a whole new comprehensive level, and not sound like a used car salesman or make it sound like I am selling snake oil? MUCH of my target audience would have to be considering/doing the majority of what I will cover; however, I would imagine the majority of my target audience has never considered or is doing these things in the manner or on the level that I will cover - I have 30 years experience, so I'm pretty confident this may be an accurate assessment.

Another approach I've considered is using the list of "axioms" that I personally use as a software consultant that has kept me successful all these years - this would be my "benefits", explaining that everything I share in the course lends themselves to carrying out these "axioms". Re the "axioms": these are things they will be able to "do" after watching my course, things they may/may not have considered up until this point or may/may not be doing up to this point, but it may be easier to describe, that after my course, my audience will be able to carry out ("do")  the "axioms". But alas, the devil is in the details and consequently still vague to me; is this enough to persuade my target audience?

😞

0 REPLIES
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors