How To Add Audio Homework Tasks

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Add Audio Homework Tasks

Go to solution

Hey, I am creating a course for the first time and I was wondering whether it is possible for us to post homework that allows the students to submit their audio files and have other students comment on them (or me, the teacher to comment)

If yes, how do I do that? 

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @SogenOhata, this is an excellent question! As an instructor, you can create Assignments for your course, which are a great way for students to apply their knowledge and improve the skills they've learned. After students complete the assignments, they can compare their work with the instructor’s solutions, and give/receive feedback from their fellow students if they wish to. The submission section of the Assignment allows students to enter their answers or add the content (image, code, or external link) that the assignment requires.

Unfortunately, there isn't a direct way for students to upload audio files to the platform for other students or the teacher to comment on. However, they can still record the audio and upload it in a different source (Google Drive, for example) and submit the external link. This is a great workaround but it's for educational purposes only, so instructors may not prompt students to make a purchase or provide personal details using this method.

You can learn more about how to create assignments here.

Wishing you all the best with your first course!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

That's correct, @SogenOhata

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

Hi @SogenOhata, this is an excellent question! As an instructor, you can create Assignments for your course, which are a great way for students to apply their knowledge and improve the skills they've learned. After students complete the assignments, they can compare their work with the instructor’s solutions, and give/receive feedback from their fellow students if they wish to. The submission section of the Assignment allows students to enter their answers or add the content (image, code, or external link) that the assignment requires.

Unfortunately, there isn't a direct way for students to upload audio files to the platform for other students or the teacher to comment on. However, they can still record the audio and upload it in a different source (Google Drive, for example) and submit the external link. This is a great workaround but it's for educational purposes only, so instructors may not prompt students to make a purchase or provide personal details using this method.

You can learn more about how to create assignments here.

Wishing you all the best with your first course!

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

Go to solution

Thank you Bella!

Just to clarify, I can still give audio/video assignments, and even tell them about alternative ways to submit them in using a different source right? I don't think I would be causing any problem "prompting them to make purchase or provide personal details" doing this. 

Regards, 

Sogen 

Bella
Community Manager
Community Manager

Go to solution

That's correct, @SogenOhata

Bella Almeida

Udemy Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors