How do I collect email addresses when students sign up

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I collect email addresses when students sign up

Apologies for the stupid question but I haven't yet sold a course on Udemy and I was wondering how I collect the email addresses when students sign up either direct from Udemy or via my external marketing following a referral link.

6 Replies

Udemy doesn't allow direct access to emails. The only possible way is through promotional and educational announcements. This what I used to know. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply

It should also be noted that if/once the majority of your students come from Udemy Business, you lose the ability to communicate with them through Udemy at all, since announcements are not delivered to them. 

Oh OK.  So how do you develop a relationship with them and keep them in your funnel for future courses etc?

The best you can do is build a community on Facebook or LinkedIn or on your own site. It’s not particularly easy, nor fast - but it can be done. 

As previous instructors responded you can't collect the emails via Udemy. But the positive fact is that you can create Facebook groups for example and there collect huge community, as I did ( >100k ).

Best Regards,

-Krystian Wojtarowicz

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors