How do I go about publishing my first course?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I go about publishing my first course?

I've been trying to navigate through here and can't find where I can start creating and posting my first course. Help?

3 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Aishu Rittika  

Welcome to the community. How exciting to have you here!😊

First, I'd encourage you to take a look at our official and free Udemy courses, which will help you with getting started on Udemy. 

Also, here are some great resources regarding course creation:

Course Quality Checklist

Teaching Center: How to Plan, Record, Publish and Market your course

Teaching on Udemy: FAQ

Community - Course Creation Compilation

Course Creation Webinar w/ Jimmy Naraine

Webinar Replay: Making the Most of your Instructor Experience w/Katie Bent

Please let us know if you have more specific questions about your instructor journey, and we are happy to help!

@Bessy wrote:

Hi @Aishu Rittika  

Welcome to the community. How exciting to have you here!😊

First, I'd encourage you to take a look at our official and free Udemy courses, which will help you with getting started on Udemy. 

Also, here are some great resources regarding course creation:

Course Quality Checklist

Teaching Center: How to Plan, Record, Publish and Market your course

Teaching on Udemy: FAQ

Community - Course Creation Compilation

Course Creation Webinar w/ Jimmy Naraine

Webinar Replay: Making the Most of your Instructor Experience w/Katie Bent

Please let us know if you have more specific questions about your instructor journey, and we are happy to help!

I don't find where I can start my course creation. I have accessed all the resources you have mentioned, but where can I go to start recording videos or upload already recorded ones?

MarinaT
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Aishu Rittika

Thank you for getting back, I'm happy to provide additional information. 

First, you need to switch to the instructor view, and click on “New Course” at the top of the page.

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 12.30.13.png

Afterward, you can select whether you want to create a course or a practice test. Once you fill all the required fields, you can access the course management page. Here you must add a course descriptionvideos, and more.

Please note that creating videos on Udemy is not possible at this time. You need to record videos with your device and upload them manually. Also, our free and official Udemy course shows how to create a course in detail.  

I hope this helps, and I wish you a happy weekend 😊

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!