How do payments work from India?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello!

I am assuming that my business Paypal account is the one that I can use for processing any payments after the sale of my courses.

I have proprietorship registration. And according to that my personal and business PAN is same. All documents etc everything has been submitted, accepted and verified by Paypal. The account is ready to be used. But never been used (for obvious reasons :-))

If you are an instructor in India, please share your experiences.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,

Leena

3 Replies

Hi @LeenaK  If you want to charge students a fee for your courses, you will need to apply to become a premium instructor. Check out this support article to learn how to get your premium instructor account set up. Once you have entered your information and selected the promotional programs you would like to participate in, you will be prompted to select your payout method. 

Currently, our Premium Instructors can select either PayPal or Payoneer to deliver the revenue they earn from their Udemy courses. 

Udemy pays instructors within the first 10 business days of the following month. For example, if a student purchases your course at any time in August, you will receive a payment within the first week of October. This delay allows all purchases to pass the 30 day refund period.

I hope this helps!

Fernanda Rivera

Community Moderator

Thank you Maria!

All your points help. I have done some reading on the Udemy docs. All Udemy help is super useful too.

If it's okay, I would like to hear from someone from India with a proprietorship and a business Paypal account. That it is working for them will be re-assuring to know.

Regards,

Leena 

Hi Leena,
I searched India in Search community and found a lot of useful threads. Few good ones:
Tax implications

Paypal vs Payoneer
A long thread with a lot of details

Helped me, hope it helps you.
Gaurav

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors