How long does it take for a course to rank in the first page of search results?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take for a course to rank in the first page of search results?

Go to solution

My course has been doing well despite being on the second page because of the "hot & new" tag. 

But I'm still stuck on the 2nd page for the keyword "sketchup."

Is there any Udemy SEO tips that I could follow so that my course could rank on the 1st page? Or do I need to wait for a longer period of time since my course is brand new (2 months old)? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @manishpaulsimon Search rankings are based on a number of factors, some of which include relevance (based on the keywords in the title/subtitle), the number of course reviews and the quality of the reviews themselves.
In addition to the terms found in the course title and subtitle, the search tool also considers the topics and categories selected for the course. The filter which is used for the search also plays a key role.
As the course receives more positive ratings then its ranking will improve. Adding new terms to the course title or subtitle, which you believe students may search for, can also improve its searchability.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ElianaC
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Go to solution

Hi @manishpaulsimon Search rankings are based on a number of factors, some of which include relevance (based on the keywords in the title/subtitle), the number of course reviews and the quality of the reviews themselves.
In addition to the terms found in the course title and subtitle, the search tool also considers the topics and categories selected for the course. The filter which is used for the search also plays a key role.
As the course receives more positive ratings then its ranking will improve. Adding new terms to the course title or subtitle, which you believe students may search for, can also improve its searchability.

Eliana Cerna

Udemy Community 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!