How long does it takes to get students

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it takes to get students

Hello everyone,

I just got my course approved on udemy and want to know how much your first course takes to get the first student?

4 Replies
Hypnodan
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Congratulations on getting your first course approved. There is no hard and fast rule to when your first student will join. I would recommend you do what you can to get students to your course, like letting friends and followers know you have a new course available and sharing how it is helpful and offering a discount like access for $9.99. Also making people aware anywhere else you know of that is relevant to the course and along friends if they'll share it with anyone they think may be interested. Etc...

For most instructors I would say you need to drive initial sales to kick-start organic sales on Udemy to demonstrate people are paying to take the course. My goal is always to drive 30 paying students to my new course in the first 30 days...

Thank you for your supporting answer. Actually, I set my course to free in order to get some reviews because nobody knows me in udemy and I got 32 students now. Should I contact them and ask them for reviews?

GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

It really depends on a lot of things, including competition, how good your course is, if you already have a group of followers, etc. 

I recommend you check out this thread that discusses how to market your course

Best of luck, 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

Thank you. I will definitely check the link

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!