How to break up a current 117 hour classroom class

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to break up a current 117 hour classroom class

Go to solution

I have taught an oracle certification class 19 times.

It has been given as a standup curriculum. I think a video-version will be somewhat shorter, but there is still a lot of material.

Can anyone suggest what a maximum course length should be?

I am considering breaking it up into a. beginner b. intermediate. c. advanced

which would require a free video to explain in detail each of the section contents

so students end up in the right place.

Has anyone had this issue before? Is there a best practice for courses with a ton of content?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Go to solution

Hi, I didn't have this issue before but take a look at this guy: https://www.udemy.com/user/mohsen-hassan-2/

I'm a student in one of his courses and I think he solved the problem you're describing really well:

1. As you suggested too, he is breaking up the courses into beginner (1), intermediate (2), advanced (3) and expert (4)
  2. His courses are numbered in the thumbnail (1-4) so students can find their way around much easier
  3. When you look at this 4th course, you'll see that he lists his other three courses in the requirements section. Same for the other courses.

All of this creates a complete picture of what he's teaching. I would consider it as a best practice.

Hope this is helpful!

Best, Felix

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Go to solution

Hi, I didn't have this issue before but take a look at this guy: https://www.udemy.com/user/mohsen-hassan-2/

I'm a student in one of his courses and I think he solved the problem you're describing really well:

1. As you suggested too, he is breaking up the courses into beginner (1), intermediate (2), advanced (3) and expert (4)
  2. His courses are numbered in the thumbnail (1-4) so students can find their way around much easier
  3. When you look at this 4th course, you'll see that he lists his other three courses in the requirements section. Same for the other courses.

All of this creates a complete picture of what he's teaching. I would consider it as a best practice.

Hope this is helpful!

Best, Felix

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors