How to compress video size

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to compress video size

Go to solution

I m having problem with my video , i have made content but it has Taken 2 gb For 3 minit video , so how can i compress without loosing quality or what do i do , pls suggest

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Go to solution

Hi,

There is an open source video transcoder that you can use to reduce the size of video files without sacrificing video quality.

It's called HandBrake.

Try it.  You will probably love it.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@Sachin_pande,

I produce my video out of Camtasia at 70% quality.  This does reduce the quality of the video but claims are the reduction is not perceptable.  This reduction in quality reduces video size dramatically.

I like @CarlosDeLeon suggestion but have yet to try HandBrake.  I wonder what a combination of the two methods would produce.  It would be neat to see an all permutations comparison (hint ;-).

---Brian

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Go to solution

Hi,

There is an open source video transcoder that you can use to reduce the size of video files without sacrificing video quality.

It's called HandBrake.

Try it.  You will probably love it.

Go to solution

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Go to solution

@Sachin_pande,

I produce my video out of Camtasia at 70% quality.  This does reduce the quality of the video but claims are the reduction is not perceptable.  This reduction in quality reduces video size dramatically.

I like @CarlosDeLeon suggestion but have yet to try HandBrake.  I wonder what a combination of the two methods would produce.  It would be neat to see an all permutations comparison (hint ;-).

---Brian

Go to solution

Thank you sir

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors