How to get our course on the top position in search results

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get our course on the top position in search results

Hello . I have joined Udemy very recently. And I have published my first course just a day back and I cannot find my course anywhere in first pages in its search terms and if this continues I cannot get any sales. If this continues I can't get any sales for my course . Can anyone please tell me how to get our course shown in the top of the search results for its search keywords

2 Replies

It's a good idea to use the marketplace tool before you make a course as where there are a large number of courses in a given topic, the first page is going to be occupied by established courses with a large number of reviews.

There are a few things you can do:

* Be sure that your title, subtitle and course description reference the keywords people will use to search for courses on your topic.

* Politely ask for reviews at the end of the course. Reviews are essential in terms of SEO.

* Send educational announcements encouraging students to engage with the course.

SEO on Udemy is not particularly transparent and you may need to tweak things several times before you get results.

Thats a quality response. Im in the process of publishing at moment and I've worked with SEOs before. The Marketplace tool is amazing and it can either assure you that you've chosen the right subject and key words...or it might confirm the course is not in demand.

The Marketplace tool is strictly based on courses on Udemy of course. But its a great censor, to use for affirmation. Im not expecting too much on my first course. I know the more I add in time, the more exposure I'll have. 

I think you should focus on the teaching and developing your own skills for content creation. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors