How to increase quality of my video lessons?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to increase quality of my video lessons?

Good day everyone!

I'm a new here. I tried to upload my first video (both 1080p and 4k), but anyway I got a very-very poor quality with max 720p and a blur picture. Is there any way to upload video in 1080 or 4k (and get 1080 or 4k option in the player here) or how can I get around this problem?

I use QuickTime Player for screen recording, my Android camera for video recording and iMovie for editing if it's important.

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hey @NataliaSI’m happy to give some background info about this to help explain why you are not seeing the 1080p option on your course videos.

Udemy employs an “Adaptive Streaming” player for course videos. This option is not yet available for all Udemy courses, but we’re always happy to enable it by instructor request.

When enabled, it means that students can choose an “Auto” streaming option for the course video. With this Auto option, 1080p streaming is possible, if the student has the streaming capability and necessary screen size to take advantage of 1080p.

Please reach out to instructorsupport@udemy.com and the team will be happy to enable this option for you.

Abbie Reyes
Udemy Community Team

Hi, @Abbie , thanks for your response!

Should I ask to enable this option for me before my first course is uploaded or after that?

Will it be enabled for all my courses automatically or should I request for each course?

Did I understand correctly that anyway I'll not see 1080p option in the player and I just have to choose 'Auto' instead of it?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors