How to promote my course if there are already a lot of courses on same topic?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to promote my course if there are already a lot of courses on same topic?

Go to solution

Hi,

I see there are a lot of courses that are alraedy available on the topic that I'm looking at. The difference is, I'm planning to integrate tools in to the course that are required and not every course covers them.

How can my course compete with the best sellers and other courses?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GregReverdiau
Community Champion Community Champion
Community Champion

Go to solution

The key to competing with best sellers is to have a course that is better in its content but also in production quality with possibly a different approach that students will prefer. Ask yourself, why would someone buy my course rather than this best selling course that's probably been there for a very long time. It's not impossible, but it's not easy either. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training

View solution in original post

2 Replies
GregReverdiau
Community Champion

Go to solution

The key to competing with best sellers is to have a course that is better in its content but also in production quality with possibly a different approach that students will prefer. Ask yourself, why would someone buy my course rather than this best selling course that's probably been there for a very long time. It's not impossible, but it's not easy either. 

Greg Reverdiau - Airplane and Drone Training
ScottDuffy
Community Champion

Go to solution

To be honest, some topics will be nearly impossible to succeed in.

A brand new instructor is just not going to come into the "Excel" category with an "introduction to Excel" course and replace the #1 course in there. Some course topics are "done".

I would advise you choose a course topic that allows you the opportunity to be #1 or #2 this year. Ranking a course is not luck. It's not a roll of the dice when you launch a course if you will be a success. 

But start with a course topic that allows you to be clearly different than what is out there.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors