How to scale

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to scale

Hello dear everyone! 

My name is Gianina and I am an instructor on Udemy for almost one year now. I teach interior design but also I am preparing now a course in negotiation, as I've been working as a sales professional as well. I love the course creation part but also the project management behind (preparing the slides, the promo video etc.). I would like to join as a teacher full-time, but unfortunately I do not earn much right now so that I can say that I can afford that. I would like also to scale, as I see a lot of instructors having 40+ courses (and very long ones) and I am aware that on my own due to the time limitation it will be impossible to create many and especially long courses.

How do you scale on Udemy? I was thinking that an option would be to join forces with someone who is an expert in the field but then we come to the remuneration side. If that person is not an instructor on Udemy and I am getting the content from them, how much should I offer to them? How should I proceed to scale the business?

Thanks in advance

Gianina

2 Replies

Hi @gimatek great questions.

I don't have anything smart to say about scaling as I've been struggling with it myself.

What I can say is most of the instructors that have 40+ courses have been doing it full time for many years already.

I didn't realize it when I joined the platform, assuming everyone was doing it as a hobby on weekends like me.

Some of the more successful instructors do have companies with employees.

However this should happen organically as you start making more money and need to scale.

Looking at your stats and niche I don't think you're there yet.

But if there is anything you can already outsource, like video editing, that's usually a good place to start.

By the way, your courses look great!

Thank you Michael for your appreciation and insights!! 🙂 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors