How to sell courses on udemy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to sell courses on udemy

Greetings everyone,

I have just one course yet on udemy. And it's just one month that I am on udemy. I had highest views of 91. One student bought my course & then he refunded. My balance is zero. I made some changes in my course.

I am not saying that my course is very good, but it's very innovative & attractive. As learning a keyboard from your mobile phone app is a little bit of new idea as compared to cooking courses.

I feel, when almost all types of stuff is present in some form for free on net. Either on YouTube, Fb, insta etc. And after Ai especially. 

Why should anyone purchase a course to learn a piano or how to cook something. Or hiw to make website and all the IT related courses are freely offered by many sites for some reasons. 

I don't know who will buy even the best courses on udemy now in coming days. 

I think only that person would buy, who doesn't know enough about computer. The new generation is very aware of these things. They would never buy nor hack. But they would definitely find it free of cost from anywhere.

Please comment on my foresight. 

Regards 

Dr. Shahzad Waseem 

6 Replies
Bessy
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Prof.Dr.Sha550 

I’m sorry to hear that your course sales are not going as expected. Udemy continues to promote courses that are opted into our deals programs through a variety of channels. A course’s inclusion in a given promotion depends on a variety of factors including course topic, enrollments, conversions, ratings, reviews, and student behavior such as wishlisting. As an open marketplace, it’s hard for Udemy to guarantee a sales amount for instructors.

Additionally, a slow sales month might also be a good time to optimize your own sales efforts and utilize the resources that our marketing team has put together for instructors’ use. This link to our Teaching Center includes help on optimizing your course landing page for conversions, launching an e-mail campaign, and driving Udemy sales from your website or YouTube channel.

You can also take a look at the Best Instructor Posts of All Time — Marketing

I hope this helps!

Best of success!!!🙂

Thanks Besey for taking time to write. 

I understand what you are saying. 

But please note my point of concern. Being a udemy instructor, it's not for myself only. 

My point is when all the open sources are available for everything on net and now with chat cpt, why should someone spend money on courses when they are legally freely available. 

So should udemy adapt new policies with changing world?

Regards 

Hi @Prof.Dr.Sha550 - Why should anyone buy a Udemy course when so much is free elsewhere? Because if the course is good and meets a need, people will pay for it. Over the past three months I have earned over $11K from my courses. Other instructors are making far more. But to earn this sort of money, the course must meet a real need, almost certainly needs to be in the business / IT space, be somewhat highly rated (4.4 or higher) and not have too much competition.

Have you really thought about how many people want to learn how to play a keyboard on the phone? Frankly, that would not interest me in the least. Did you first research why would anyone want to do that? Maybe some people do, but that is the question you have to ask yourself.

Thanks for reply. Congratulations on your earnings and to all who are doing good. If I sm not earning, doesn't mean udemy is wrong. I wanted to say, most of the things are freely available.

Anyways, regarding musical keyboared on mobile phone is not an innovative idea? People used to take lessons for months. But please think, if music lovers who dismissed the idea of playing keyboard because he doesn't have enough money to buy it.

There are 2 factors in my course due to which I feel, which may be wrong, my course should be in high demand.

1. It's an innovative idea. As I share my screen, the will see which key I am pressing a d simultaneously listening to my voice also, apart  from the contentd of the course.

2. Many people want to play, but can't afford. So they can play at their mobile like a real keyboard in numerous voices. 

Regards 

Hmmm.

Smartphones nowadays are more expensive than an average electric piano...

So it will be a non sending conversation.

Cheap mobiles are also available. 

Regards 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
First-time course creation
Decided to take the plunge and create your own Udemy course? Check out some incredible Udemy success stories, and get inspired by your fellow instructors!
Top Liked Authors