How to stay motivated during course creation procedure?

Options

Comments

• Laurence-Svekis
    Options

This is one of the hardest parts I find to building the courses.

I break apart the process in manageble chunks then set my weekly schedule to accomplish them.

I have courses that have taken sometimes 6 months or longer to build and the task tracking has kept me one track.

• Laurence-Svekis
    Options

Planning is everything in the process

So true especially on the last paragraph, I get asked where I find time but that's just it you need to sacrifice with a bit - which is much more satisfying in the end.

• McCleish868
    Options

What helps me to stay motivated is knowing that I will be added value to at least one person. Also, in the building process, I usually like to try something new that I have never done before so it makes it to be fun as well. Lastly, just talking with friends and family where I am at with the building journey and they adding value to me with their thoughts on the course.

Continue to keep building!

• LizBrownUX
    Options

Anyone interested in doing an accountability group with fellow instructors to motivate each other to get our next course "out the door" (published)? If so, I started a thread here with the proposed details. Let me know on that thread if you're interested, or what you think :)https://community.udemy.com/t5/Course-Creation/Anyone-interested-in-an-accountability-motivation-group/m-p/66178/highlight/true#M3509

• 2DZ
    2DZ Posts: 3
    Options

Would be very interested in joining something like this, however, it says I do not have permission to join when I click the link. Is there an updated link?

@LizBrownUX
    wrote:

Anyone interested in doing an accountability group with fellow instructors to motivate each other to get our next course "out the door" (published)? If so, I started a thread here with the proposed details. Let me know on that thread if you're interested, or what you think :)https://community.udemy.com/t5/Course-Creation/Anyone-interested-in-an-accountability-motivation-group/m-p/66178/highlight/true#M3509

• LizBrownUX
    Options
  • Jack_Bosma
    Options

tutorjack on Slack.